Friday, October 01, 2010

Concurrency and scaling choices

Let me make it clear for whoever is reading my blog the following:

"I neither speak for my company i work for
nor my company speaks for me.
All the ideas,thoughts and impressions on the tools i list in my blog
are my own "

JSR 166 - concurrency utilities apply for JS2E 1.5 onwards whereas JSR
237 is an attempt to take it to J2EE 1.4 onwards at the container level.
JSR 173 - Streaming xml parser aka pull parser is something that i
find needed for certain situations and is not thought of most by people
when comes to XML parsing.
(Roguewave and VTD-XML are other choices i hear from my friends but i
dont know much that i want to think about sometime later)

JSR 107 - JCache/caching in java is another big area that interests
me with many technologies emerging to support this area,
( Oracle's Coherence,JGroups with Infinispan, Gigaspaces,
Terracoata,GridGain, Open source Hazelcast are some of the useful ones
if one is interested to explore this area each one
with varying capabilities and usecases)

No comments: